14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
Drainage System's Can Clog At Any Time Without Any Regard For Your Schedule. It can lead to hazards like leakage, air pollution due to the collection of stagnant water in the drain, flooding, and even health hazards. However, regular maintenance can help avoid these problems.
Accumulation of grease, debris, tiny objects and intrusive tree roots cause drain blockage. Sometimes, your pipework may be obstruction - free but there could be huge clogs in the main lines
If You Stay Faithful To These Fourteen Rules, You Can Help Stop Your Drains From Blocking
1. Get a plunger and use it - plungers work effectively on minor clogs.
2. A couple times a week, pull up your bathtub stoppers to check for early signs of blockage. Washing the stoppers before you replace them will help prevent future build - ups.
3. If Hair Loss Is Something You Are Going Through, Make Sure That The Plug Has No Mesh When You Wash Your Hair In The Sink Or Tub. Just like you don't let food particles go down the kitchen drain, you shouldn't let your hair get into, and clog, the bath drain.
4. If you remove loose hairs before taking a bath then there will be less chance of a build - up in the drains.
5. Call a plumber to cover your drains with grates Use Bacteriological Drain Cleaners To Clean Your Drains - Stronger Agents May Have A Corrosive Effect On Your Pipes. Avoid Them.
6. It is important that you don't grow plants and trees near the network of pipes of your drainage system since the tree roots can intrude and obstruct the pipes.
7. If you get a yearly contract with a drainage company, then you will benefit from inspections and servicing of your drains, even if you don't need to call on them. Drainage Leeds in Leeds can offer a competitive deal in maintenance services. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Avoid chemical cleaners. They can cause corrosion and serious long - term damage.
9. Don't Throw Stuff Into Your Drain. Don't treat it like a dustbin.
10. Try to avoid the introduction of oil, fat, meat, rice, hair, gum, grease, medications, condoms, cosmetics and similar item's into your drain.
11. Simply put, drains are only meant for water, urine, and faeces.
12. You Can Use Your Wire Coat Hanger As A Hook When You Straighten It And Then Pass It Into Your Drain To Remove Debris That Accumulates There.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. When it comes to drain system maintenance, there are a hundred more tips you can follow, even some that go against tradition. Just make sure that you go do not use acid solutions.
If you currently have drainage problem's in your home and nothing on the list has worked so far, don't force it, otherwise you could worsen the situation. Instead, you should get in touch with a plumber. Drainage Leeds professional staff in Leeds are fully equipped to handle all your drainage issues.